Discover Kodiak's Newly Released Destination Video
Upcoming Kodiak Activities
November 5: AAUW Bazaar Saturday 10am to 4pm at the Convention Center and Sun’aq Tribal Hall.
November 12- Tanya Tagaq, Kodiak Arts Council
November 12- Beta Sigma Phi Christmas Bazaar
December 2- The Nutcracker, Kodiak Arts Council
December 17- Harbor Lights Festival, St. Paul Harbor (5-7 PM)
January 31- Versa-Style Dance Company, Kodiak Arts Council
February 4- 9th Annual Chocolate Lover's Fling & Ocean Art Auction, Harbor Convention Center
For more information on events-- please contact 907-486-4782.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Construction services for the redevelopment of a City owned building that is used as the Downtown Visitor Center facility.
The intent of this RFP is to have the firms under consideration specifically address the services required and provide a well-considered price proposal for those services.
Requester is seeking:
1. A conceptual plan for the space to be renovated
2. A company with a reputation for quality, their experience, their reputation for on-time and on-budget performance, and their financial credibility.
3. Preparation of necessary bid documents
4. Construction of project
5. Site observations of the contractor and subcontractors during the construction phase, and sign off on construction drawings to assure that scheduled payments are made, with appropriate holdbacks, when predetermined work has been completed.
6. Ability of gaining the government approval process (i.e., permits).
7. Final sign-off on the project, assuring that the final project represents what was originally conceptualized and captured in the work that was done.
8. Project timeline estimate and management
As this proposal covers new construction and renovations and additions to an existing building, please answer the questions providing information to support new construction, additions, and renovations.
1. Provide the following information:
a. Name of company
b. Complete address
c. Contact person
d. Telephone number
e. Fax number
f. E-mail address
2. Provide a General Statement of Qualifications that responds to the project background information given above.
a. List the professional and support positions and number of personnel in each position.
4. Renovating Office Facilities
a. For your last five renovation projects, provide the following:
1) Name of project
2) Client contact
3) Completion Date
5. Construction Costs
a. Describe cost control methods you use and how you establish cost estimates. Include information on determining costs associated with construction in existing facilities.
6. Legal Concerns
a. Explain your General Liability Insurance coverage.
a. Provide information on your preliminary fee structure based on the scope indicated above, including anticipated reimbursable costs.
Live channel view webcam!
The Kodiak Visitor Information Center, located at 100 Marine Way at the Ferry Terminal, is the place to go to discover how to make the best of your time in Kodiak. Whether your stay is one day or one month, the staff at the visitor center can offer advice, information and referrals. The center is open year-round Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with expanded hours from early May-September, including Saturdays. You can reach the visitor center at (907) 486-4782 or 1-800-789-4782 or email us.
Plan Your Trip
Plan your trip with our Interactive Map!
Planning your trip has never been easier with the Kodiak Island iMap. Locating attractions, outdoor recreation and lodging is just a click away. Build and save your own itineraries and share them with your friends. All the information you need in one easy to use interactive map!